We invite you to bring along your canine companion! Beach Rentals features several homes in our portfolio that offer “dog friendly” accommodations. After all, “Fido” is part of the family and he deserves a vacation too! In respect for nature, while on The Sea Ranch all dogs are required to be kept on a leash — but what a perfect place to bring your canine companion. With over 40 miles of hiking trails, secluded beaches – with your dog on a leash he can enjoy the gifts of nature, get outdoors and exercise his nose with a banquet of countryside aromas. When booking on line take a moment to use the search filters to view our “Dog Friendly” homes – or ask a reservationists to assist you.
Dog Friendly Guidelines and Resources
While staying in a dog friendly accommodation, please keep in mind we discourage you from allowing your dog on any of the furnishings in the vacation home rental unit. However, if your dog insists upon getting up on any furniture piece, please bring a protective sheet to provide protection to fabrics and furnishings and a towel for drying wet doggy paws. In order to insure a pleasant experience, we ask you to observe the following:
- Dogs on a leash are welcome at the Beach Rental Office. So stop by for a doggy treat!
- Dogs must be on a leash while on property at all times. This includes beaches too. Sonoma County restricts a maximum leash length not to exceed 6 feet.
- It is important to stay on the marked trails and out of the meadow grasses to avoid ticks and comply with The Sea Ranch Association Rules and Regulations for the community of The Sea Ranch. Dogs off leash are subject to a fine under the Sea Ranch Association Rules and Regulations.
- Please remove dog droppings left behind by your dog for health, safety and out of basic consideration reasons. This includes in the yard located at your vacation home rental unit and on trails. If dog droppings are found in the yard, a $100 fine will be deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card if you purchase the Damage Insurance. Remember not everyone is a dog lover like we are, so please have your dog fully under control and on a leash when walking about.
There is a dog park located at The Sea Ranch offering the perfect and safe spot for your dog to run, sniff and socialize. To get to the dog park from Highway One, turn east on Deer Trail (Mile Marker 56.88) and drive a short distance to the first rock driveway on the right and park within the fenced in area. Take the walking path east to the dog park.
Should your dog require attention from a Veterinarian while staying at The Sea Ranch, please contact our local Veterinarian:
1. Jennifer L. Frankot, DVM & MBA
Spirit Veterinary Services
Mobile Veterinary Services for dogs and cats
2. Carl Pfeil, DVM
Gualala Veterinary Clinic
38600 South Wighway One
In an Emergency:
VCA PetCare East Veterinary Hospital
2425 Mendocino Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA
Open 24 Hours
Meanwhile, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know.
From all of us at Beach Rentals